Centerline is a content marketing agency with a passion for resolving complex communications challenges with strategic and creative digital content.
We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director with an equal passion for digital marketing.
Why is passion so important? This isn’t a job in which the answers come easy. Our clients — some of the most successful companies in the world — turn to us to help them spark deeper conversations, generate demand for complex products and solutions, and ultimately make sales. That requires content that delivers the right message to the right audience at the right time.
We call it “Accountable Creative” – and it requires more than a tagline or clever visual trick. It takes time and focus to understand the offerings like you were the subject matter expert; to understand the audience like you were living among them; and to craft stories and experiences that connect the two.
So do you have the talent and passion to solve big challenges with smart content? Do you have the drive to help us build the best content marketing agency in the world? Come build with us.
Responsibilities of the Associate Creative Director include:
- Work closely with Creative Director and Account team to understand business communication challenges.
- Concept appropriate creative — in message and style — that bridges the gap between what the client is trying to accomplish and how the target audience prefers to communicate.
- Work closely with Writers, Art Directors, Designers and Developers to bring creative ideas to life… via scripts, infographics, interactive experiences and more.
- Be the most knowledgeable person in the room, delivering client pitches and presentations – building consensus on the way forward rather than contention.
- Provide a critical eye to work in progress. Not just in terms of “looks good, sounds good” – instead, always with the question: Will this accomplish the stated business goal?
- Advance the strategic and design thinking within the department.
- Be aware of the latest concepts, practices and procedures for successful marketing communications in any medium across various industries — including but not limited to traditional outlets (video, animation, print), interactive and social networks.
- Be creative working within exacting corporate brand guidelines and defined campaign styles.
- Exceptional talent in writing proposals, pitches, concepts and treatments.
- Work closely with Account, Project and Strategy teams to balance account vision with creative execution that is on point — in message and style — and compels the target audience to act.
- Be active. Collaborate with and empower Writers, Art Directors, Designers and Developers to bring creative ideas to life…across mediums including motion graphics and video, interactive experiences, web, design and more.
- Be the most knowledgeable person in the room, delivering client pitches and presentations — building consensus and managing challenges.
- Facilitate discussion. Provide a critical eye to the team’s work. Not just in review of design, but always with the question: Will this accomplish the stated goal?
- Be aware of the latest concepts, practices and procedures for successful marketing communications in any medium — including video, animation, interactive, print and social networks.
- Execute creative, working within brand guidelines and defined campaign styles.
Be adaptive to change, but focused on the goals of clients, the agency and individuals.
Work with the senior leadership team to establish new account relationships.
Required background and skills:
- Minimum 7 years experience in an agency or brand management; B2B experience is a plus.
- Expertise in at least ONE of the following disciplines: Writing, Directing, Motion Graphic Design/Animation, Editing, UI Design/Development.
- Strong writing skills in a variety of formats (proposals, pitches, concepts, treatments, scripts, etc.)
- Leadership skills and experience.
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal hands-on management.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail.
About Centerline Digital
Founded in 1996, Centerline Digital is a premier digital marketing agency headquartered in Raleigh, N.C. We craft strategic content and experiences that provoke thought and create meaningful connections. We’re experts in telling complex stories and believe no two client engagements are the same.
Centerline offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes a matching 401k plan, full medical and dental benefits and a profit sharing plan, paid time off for volunteer work, and company paid gym memberships. This is a full-time and on-site role, so you must live near or be willing to relocate to Raleigh, N.C.
No phone calls please.